Sunday, September 29, 2013

09/29/2013

   Getting out of bed on my first morning going back to work was not easy. I still didn't know if I was really ready or not to do this, but I was becoming fearful that the longer I stayed off work the more likely it might become that I would never want to go back. That was not an option. Life had to go on whether I was ready for it or not. I also felt a growing need to try to regain some kind of normalcy in my life. Missing three weeks of work in the middle of the school year was certainly not normal. I wasn't sure what I would feel once I got to school, but it was time to face this part of my new reality, ready or not. It was also all too apparent to me that I was returning to my classroom exactly three weeks to the day since Curtis was killed. Was three weeks of grieving enough? Would three years have been enough? I didn't think so, but I knew it was time to try to regain a foothold in what had been an important part of my old life. The key would be finding a way to blend something old with all the new things that now defined my life. Was that even possible? I was about to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment