Friday, June 14, 2013

   That five minute drive from the school to the accident at the corner was the longest drive of my life. I had never felt such waves of fear, anxiety, and apprehension. My heart was telling me that it couldn't possibly be true-my son had to be all right-yet my brain was telling me that someone had been involved in that horrible accident. Could it really be my son and his friends? You hear about things like this on the news or read about them in the newspapers. They're not supposed to happen to someone you know. They're not supposed to happen to us. Still, our son and his friends would have had to go through that intersection on their way to the game. What if it were true? No! No! It just couldn't be! Things like that only happen to other people. I asked-begged-God for it not to be true. I was also concerned about my wife getting to the scene before I did. I didn't want her to see and learn the truth by herself. I was torn between never wanting to reach the intersection and wanting to get there as quickly as possible. I probably broke a few traffic laws myself on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment