Saturday, June 22, 2013

   Finally, the officer came back out and told us it was ok to go inside. They walked us through the ambulance bay doors and into the emergency room. I felt like I was walking through a muddy swamp. My feet would not seem to move. I wanted to get to my son as quickly as possible, but all the events of the last couple of hours seemed to be weighing me down. I had begun to realize what we might be facing. No one from the hospital staff came to greet us and direct us to our son. Instead we were ushered into a small, dimly-lit room where we were told someone would come to talk to us soon. Sure enough, a man came in just moments after we sat down, but he wasn't from the hospital staff. His ID badge indicated he was from the county coroner's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment