Thursday, July 4, 2013

07/04/2013

   A different message for today. Happy Independence Day to all! This was one of Curtis's favorite holidays. Now it also happens to be one of his sister, Carly's, favorite holidays as well. It wasn't always that way for Curtis, however. When he was a baby, and even into his toddler years, he hated this day. He didn't like the bright flashes and loud noises of the fireworks. Instead of being fascinated by all of that, he would most often cry, scream and hide his face until we removed him from the situation. It wasn't until he got older that he began to really enjoy the holiday and all the fireworks. As I said, it even became his favorite holiday. I think as he got older and could set off his own fireworks, he lost his fear of them and felt more in control. He became our "pyromaniac". When I think back to those early days after Curtis's death, I think those were two factors that I had a hard time dealing with-fear and loss of control. I'll expand on these topics in future postings. For today, I encourage everyone to find your way to celebrate this special day and all it means for us as a country. Happy Independence Day to all our family and friends, both those who are still here with us and those who have gone home. I love you, Curtis.

No comments:

Post a Comment